Movie Name : Dracula 2000
Character Name : Lucy Westerman, Valerie Sharpe and Solina
Year : 2000


In 2000 movie Dracula 2000. Actresses Vitamin C, Jeri Ryan and Jennifer Esposito play as villainesses Lucy Westerman, Valerie Sharpe and Solina.

The reason I basically stopped updating the blog with modern movies is that I really can't watch a modern movie, movies are supposed to be form of entertainment, people should enjoy watching them, and I did, watched tons and tons of movies and TV shows, probably more than those trending critics did, like everything, action, drama, horror, comedy, good, bad, masterpieces, forgettable etc..
Like whenever they say "It's a comedy", and you find it not funny or boring, "action", boring, horror, somehow they also made horror boring, I don't know how but they did it, so watching what I already watched ended somehow to better than watching something new, for me movies and TV show were a form of entertainment of the past, and such form of entertainment no longer exist, I loved it, but came in terms with it, I can only watch either something I watched before or something that was made decades ago..

What you see in the first 5 minutes are actors staying true to the characters, you are watching characters, this actually help escapism, so, when you take character that is already established, and popular, and people know what true to the character you destroy escapism and the character, what would be left is trending in search result that is build on a story was built true to the character, which means, movies like The Matrix will always have value, and those who used the name will have no impact, only with destruction of the original character not a replacement..     
  Danny Masterson from That '70s Show is playing a villain in this movie? 
As I said, get whoever play a good villain, and make them play comedy, it works..
About being true to the character, Amanda Donohoe in Lair of the White Worm is one of the greatest actresses who were true to character..
I watched this movie long time ago, I totally forgot about it, this movie had a heist in it?
This is very interesting, I had so much fun the first 15 minutes, more of what I get watching entire movie..
One of the things I love about villains, is the idea that they can hold two contradictory absolute truths, Solina for example is trying to free Dracula, which is absolutely evil, on the other hand on the metaphorical level, Solina is just being a good doctor who is trying to seek the secret of Immortality by doing her job, like, isn't that what humanity have been seeking since they existed, who can blame her for seeking it? A character with two levels, one she is absolutely selfish, on the metaphorical level she's absolutely selfless..

We see Solina again around 20 minutes, I love when villains get their screen time.. 
This movie was also probably the big break for Gerard Butler that made him a star, you have Sekhmet to thank for that LOL..

The intro of Dracula is insane, of course Gerard Butler was perfect to play Leonidas..
We see Valerie Sharpe for the first time around 35 minutes, 
We see Solina as a vampire for the first time around 39 minutes..
 Nightshade turned into a vampire too? Is it to reward him for freeing him from the coffin?
I don't know if I want to be a vampire, on one side, I get to be eternal, one the other side, I have to follow a blood-only diet, I don't get to eat the food I love, and for eternity? 
This movie is very christian with Father David and Mary Heller, and you can notice that t-shirt Mary was wearing, Dracula is basically Satan in this movie, or at least metaphorically, similar to Amanda Donohoe in Lair of the White Worm, or Sybil Danning in Howling II, which is why I thought that Howling II seems to be about vampires not werewolves, Dracula is more tense tho..

Gerard Butler must had so much fun playing Dracula..

We see Solina around 50 minutes, if she wanted to kill, I'm so dead LOL.. Yeah, if she played such really good character of Sekhmet, the goddess of art and science and I'm not talking about ancient mythology I'm talking how her priests found her the only godly power that was sent to humans and basically associated the knowledge they had with her, playing such character would make you think, this character can easily kill me, but not because of her deadly weapons, the weapon if far sinister, you can't even resist her, not being able to resist is far advanced weapon, if you have a character with such insane charismatic pretense, heroes are easily resistible, unless you go with the dark depressing reversal of vampire, which is Frankenstein's creature, or Jesus, and even tho, you will also being able to reach people who only share your collective, not the individual, including individuals who agree and disagree with you..

Around 54 minutes, the movie basically called the culture then Satanic, it's like whoever make movies now unironically believe that it was Satanic and thus we see every movie being sanitized to erase such Satanic stuff, the difference is, even tho the movie may call culture then as Satanic, but the existence of this movie and being able to call the culture Satanic, is all thanks to the "Satanic" culture, which is an interesting contradiction, meaning the only culture that would give you the right and the freedom to call it Satanic has to be Satanic, the movie is kind of praising Satan if you think about it LOL..

Around 57 Dracula slept with Lucy by lifting her in air, and gave her a hickey..
Marcus still alive? Yeah, was stabbed then jumped out of the window, I thought he died because it felt like the hero won the fight.. Now he's dead.
Gerard Butler is great as Dracula, Gerard Butler made some of my favorite movies of all time, and from different genres, the man left a mark in Cinema, like you have 300, The Bounty Hunter, The Ugly Truth and so many others, like many movies that seem to challenge the genre he's in.. You won't get anything like 300, 300 is 300, you won't get anything like Law Abiding Citizen, that's how insanely impactful as an actor he is..

The different between someone who watch movies for villains, and those who watch it for the heroes, I can watch a christian movie like this, talking about the cross, the holly water and the bible, and really appreciate religion for its artistic contribution, If I was watching this movie for the heroes, I would have to devoted christian in order to watch it, and even devoted christian could find it too boring to watch without good villains, I wouldn't watch a boring movie or TV show even if it praised me ideologically but so boring to watch, and I assume even a devoted christian would do the same if the movie doesn't have entertainment value and is basically another Sunday service.. 

The hero showed Dracula the bible and he was like "Propaganda" LOL..

Valerie Sharpe demise is around 1 hour 19 minutes, but Solina and Lucy knocked the hero's out afterwards..
The final confrontation starts around 1 hour 24 minutes, you can find the final confrontations of the vampires here and here..

I miss vampire movies, this movie would be my second best Gerard Butler's movies..
It feels like the movie both considered the cross is significant, but at the same time isn't, like at the start with the coffin, there were crosses everywhere, but then vampires act as if the cross has no power, but again Dracula was burned by pages of the bible, but mainly it uses the cross as a symbol not a superpower object, on the other hand, Dracula in this story is Judas Iscariot, which is interesting, because of we assume that Jesus Christ is the reversal of Sekhmet, then in this case, the story of the Crucifixion in the Islamic sources would be more consistent with such hypothesis, because if humans were able to trick Sekhmet to drink their blood, that's them having a fictional death, the reverse of that is Jesus - Sekhmet reverse - is pretending to have a fictional death, Sekhmet shared her immortality and godlyhood with humans by drinking human blood, Jesus shared his death by having humans drinking his blood, that's basically the idea of turning into a vampire turns you immortal, which make sense that many texts see Jesus returning would bring the end of the world, also with Jesus Christ having fictional death led him to be in the heaven, while Sekhmet drinking fictional human blood led her to be on earth, you can see villains, the charismatic and good villains as embodiment of the evil goddess who share with humans their mortality and share with humans their immortality, like Sekhmet did, by drinking the red wine she shared the mortality of humans by fictionally dying, because gods don't sleep, she also gave us her godly knowledge in science and art sharing her immortality for thousands of years.. 
It was also interesting that Van Helsing was using Dracula's blood to extend his life, which actually make sense if you see it like this, even if you hate science, you still need it to live longer..

Gerard Butler is the star of this movie, Solina is my favorite character, it's unfortunate that she didn't get the screen time the character deserve, but it's not possible to be fair, you have tons of characters and the movie is 1 hour 40 minutes..
   
Anyway, for the three villainesses, I would sell my soul to the devil to be with them LOL..

























 


   

    
 




 




- A fan Blog about fiction and fictional female villains in movies and TV shows -