Movie Name : The Adventures of Sinbad Heart and Soul
Actress Name : Paryse Allen
Character Name : Marissa
Year : 1997



In tv show The Adventures of Sinbad season 2 episode titled Heart and Soul aired 1997. Actress Paryse Allen plays as villainess Marissa.

It's crazy how Hollywood is built on stories that goes back to ancient Egypt, then they think they better storytellers than them, stories like Sinbad, Cast Away, and even Lost, wouldn't exist if not for the Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor, it's also a story within story, also a high artistic concept in my opinion, a story within story you can find in The Matrix, even the mask, the idea that having two stories, one of The Mask and one of Stanley Ipkiss, The NeverEnding Story is another example of it, also what's interesting about the Tale of the Shipwrecked, is that the end go back to start and the start go back to the end, resembling the snake on Sekhmet, and the never ending loop of Ra, what J. R. R. Tolkien call the evil ring, which also a very high artistic concept..
Marissa is one of my favorite characters of all time, part of that is due to the nostalgia, I remember when this show was airing, I was a little kid, it was reply of the episode, and I was coming back home with my family, and I can hear the TV show playing in the streets while walking, everyone was watching it, and I absolutely loved this character, and then there was no internet, so if you missed the episode, you just missed the episode, being able to watch this episode again is a blessing..
At the start Dracula ate the souls of two couples, after all these years, this actually doesn't look bad, the dummy still works better than CGI..
I don't know why they turned Dracula into a soul-eating vampire, maybe because of the blood!!

 We first see the gorgeous Marissa around 7 minutes mark, I'm so in love with her.. I never seen someone this beautiful.
Anyway, Marissa take the heroes to Dracula's castle, she then stabbed a poor soldier who was holding a box and let it fall..

I loved the character of Dalilah played by Michele Burgers also back then, even tho Dalilah don't qualify as a villainess, but Michele Burgers' performance in this episode was peak, that's why even as a dumb kid, Marissa and Dalilah were my favorite characters in the episode, I don't know why IMDB says she's Kalilah..   
 We see Marissa again around 20 minutes, she tries to convince Dracula, to be with her instead of being with Dalilah, but Dracula says that he spent centuries with her, and basically see humans as inferior compared them vampires, even evil humans like Marissa, even villains like Dracula discriminate against evil humans πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”.
30 minutes in, and every second evil Marissa in is priceless, 
I think the final fight around 31 minutes, I forgot it's a TV show episode not a movie, it kind of ended before I even notice it..  
    
I'm happy that Paryse Allen went back to acting after all these years, we love you, Paryse Allen, we really do and happy to see back on screen πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—.

BTW, you can watch Marissa's video compilation here.




























- A fan Blog about fiction and fictional female villains in movies and TV shows -