Actress Name : Alison Brie
Character Name : Evil-Lyn
Year : 2026


In 2026 movie Masters of the Universe. Actress Alison Brie plays as villainess Evil-Lyn. Haven't watched modern Hollywood movies for sometime now, so let's see this, it's better be good..

Ok, a lot of CGI, not a big fan of the overuse of CGI in movies..
It's interesting how humans see aliens, it's one of two either they are hate humans and want to destroy them, or they somehow share the same human morality in its perfect way, and the two only show how humanity see itself, there are rarely scenarios where humans aren't the center, or that human are irrelevant to them, or they treat them as humans treat other species, and in that sense, they would treat them the same way humans treat different species, like they can hunt them if they feel hungry, and put them in cages to save their species and other animals from such creature that caused the most damage to other species the most! Like I never saw a movie with humans aren't the center, because if you did, you would trigger the question, what if we aren't the center of the universe, which is scary question, some don't even want to imagine asking it!


I love Skeletor's castle, if I ever owned a castle, it would look like that, imagine living inside a work of art!!

Eternia is being attacked and destroyed and it feels nothing, probably the dependence on CGI make it feel as a video game, it's weightless..


I get it's PG-13, but the stakes seems weightless, like Duncan fighting like 50 evil soldiers, and he get them with ease as if he's John Wick, like effortlessly, also, in Hercules 1983, the stakes actually felt real, now nothing happen to make you feel that the protagonist in danger..
  Finally we see Evil-Lyn around 17 minutes..

The Sorceress is a good heroine, I know, that insidious, it's like saying a good hero is a dead hero, which unironically true, because heroes basically represent selflessness, and that's not my words as a villain, it's George Lucas', and what is more selfless than what she did?

Oh, god, they are making his heroic journey enforced on him? Like they made him since being a child he's obsessed with the sword, in the laziest way possible!
I don't know why, but I thought the actor playing the hero, was Jake Adelstein from Tokyo Vice, decent show BTW, not as action, just drama, never watch it for action..

The first 35 minutes were horrendous, like, WTF was that?  
Like, if you want to make a "re-imagining" of the character to connect it with the sword, it has to be done in a rewarding way, first he has to loose the memory he had about his childhood, then growing up he look up to adventure characters like Indiana Jones or Lara Croft, which make him read about lost relics with superpowers, and then build passion in him to be archaeologist, he became one and find the work isn't as excited as he expected, but he then find a lead to the sword of his dream, go after it, get it, but some villains try to own it and sell it for money, and then Teela go for the rescue, and then she tells him about his childhood, then the camera them out of the flashback and out of his eyes to show him crying or some shit, then when he finally discover his heroism, his childhood dream of being adventurer became true, that would be more impactful for the character of the hero..   

Seeing Evil-Lyn is a blessing in this movie..
Adam in the movie is a very sad character, it's like the character was indoctrinated to do something without having the will to do it, yeah, what I suggest would also indoctrinated, lack of free will, because I think all heroes lack of free will, but still I think my example is subtle, like giving the character the illusion of free will, even tho he lacks it!
In order for this movie to work its best, in the villainous way, that when it's made, you shouldn't take it seriously, and you should take it seriously, as usual two contradiction, and by that I mean, you should  make a journey like the example I mentioned above and that's you take it seriously, and you also shouldn't mock the world of the original story and what you find it silly about it, just build towards its unseriousness with seriousness..
54 minutes in, and hollyshit, they absolutely hate the original..









    












- A fan Blog about fiction and fictional female villains in movies and TV shows -