In 1983 movie Hercules. Actress Sybil Danning plays as villainess Adriana.
Watching 1983 Hercules for the first time, the Hercules I've never known..
Why this movie looks so good? This is from 1983, it's unbelievable!!
This movie somehow feel like a christian religious movie, yet we get a villainess, so, I guess we should give credit to Jesus?
Religions as a whole a great source of stories, if you have a story that survived for thousands of years, that's a good story, it doesn't matter if you like it or not, people must've founded interesting or captured their hearts or minds that it survived till today, same with cultural stories that a culture keep repeating for thousands of years..
It's insane how free of restrictions this movie is, we basically getting high tech machines in a christian-like story with Greek theme!! I mean, killer robots VS ancient half Greek god, hell yeah!!
Around 27 minutes, after Hercules lost his father, someone called him telling him "Your mother in danger!" was like "What?!" and it felt like "Shit! Not again!" LOL!!
And we see the killer robot, this thing is awesome!! LOL!!
Somehow we don't get this stupid shit anymore, everything have to be smart, fuck that!!
This is so dumb and fun, I love it..
Hollyshit, this thing is really good, the way the director filmed the water filling the stable, wow!!
Finally we see the stunning Adriana around 44 minutes, as she captured Hercules and ordered her men to kill him..
I wish if I've seen Adriana more on screen..
Around 51 minutes we see Adriana again, her presence is insane..
About to finish 1 hour of the movie, and I can't believe that movies used to be that good.
Around 1 hour 13 minutes, the rope of chariot was broke, and Hercules was talking to Circe saying "Why did the rope break? What happened to your powers?" and Circe was like "You made me fall in love...and when that happens to a sorceress, she loses all her powers. l, the enchantress, have been enchanted." and it's so funny but in the most entertaining way possible, this movie is insanely good, I love it..
Circe killed by a deadly robot..
Around 1 hour 28 minutes, Adriana was like "Drink. Drink deep, my hero.. to enhance the thousand pleasures l will give you." And he went to save the good girl, I was like "You dumb, motherfucker!"..
I'm bust in laughter, around 1 hour 30 minutes, Adriana cut the rope, that would open the gate for Hercules to save the heroine, and he was like "Damn you!" it's so hilarious I love it..
Just finished the movie, you can watch Adriana's final confrontation here.
Wow, that's a movie, I can't believe how entertaining this movie was, watching 100 minutes and having the most fun time of my life, and Adriana, I would die for her, her beauty is unbelievable, I'm so in love with her ππππ..
The movie is clearly about religion VS science, the evil is on the side of science and the good on the side of religion, there's absolutely zero chance that I would watch this movie if not for Adriana played by the great Sybil Danning..
The idea of having Hercules basically fighting robots and people with light sabers is represent the conflict between progression and regression, so, the hero, Hercules, represent tradition and religion AKA good, while Adriana, Minos and Daedalus represent progression and science, but as a whole I also appreciate how religions as a whole contributed a lot to art and stories, the movie was made during the cold war era, so, you may assume it was a capitalist propaganda against the soviet union, yet as a villain fan, I love it, I'm so on the side of science and the gorgeously evil Adriana.
So, yeah, you may say it's kind of christian movie as I thought from the start, but there's a different between Hollywood then and now, Hollywood then had a moderate reformed Christianity, so in this movie, they show the powerful man is powerful by being righteous, his power comes from the god, and you have the heroine, Cassiopeia played Ingrid Anderson representing purity as the movie suggest, not only she never slept with a man, but never uncovered her face to one, you have our goddess Adriana, representing sin, and she's gorgeous to represent temptation of sin, and Hercules being a strong man by his godly religious power, he can resist and reject the temptation while most men, including me, would never resist the temptation of Adriana, and towards the end, King Minos took Cassiopeia and misled her away from the righteous path in what would end in The Lake of Fire, but the righteous Hercules saves her from following the path of the devil and saving her soul from eternity in fire, a very christian story, and of course King Minos is basically the October revolution etc..
The way it's different from modern Hollywood, unlike this movie and movies back then had a moderate tolerant reformed Christianity, modern Hollywood have an extremist intolerant middle ages Christianity, while moderate Christianity back then allowed art to show sin as tempting, the Hollywood middle ages Christianity forbade showing sin as tempting as in their beliefs showing temptation in art could lure men into sin, so Hollywood completely reject science and art that would contradict their christian beliefs and consider it sacrilegious, so sin can never look anything but unappealing, a huge difference between the two..
This is one of the greatest and most important movies in human history, although its message is christian, but the character Adriana itself could be indicator of a very important historical change, because if that's true and the west is entering the dark ages, does it mean that China in its way to replace the global western civilization?By standing for art and science and even freedom of expression on the long term? Because artistically I see it in China, because why would China make a movie like Wings of Dread with a great male villain and villainess, unless they respect art and artists, why would it support a movie like Niu Lai unless the Chinese people love art and artists?