In 1992 movie Fun and Fury. Actress Kim Penn plays as villainess Blonde Killer. Watching a Chinese movie from the 90s because there's nothing new to watch.. The intro of the movie feels as an old 90s toy commercial, I don't know how they look, but that's how Imagine them to be LOL.. This fight around 12 minutes was so good.. That's interested, the one the hero met after snatching his wallet, became a main character in the movie.. This movie feels like soap-opera, Chinese soap-opera from early 90s still something interesting to watch.. This is insane, I finished 25 minutes, and I don't remember the names of any character or what is going on, till now nothing is happening, except the dancing, that was hot. So the movie is aiming at having a story similar to Aladdin, the poor guy who is in love with a rich girl with a powerful father, and to be clear, this story is thousands of years old, Disney just took it and sanitized it, Herodotus mentioned it in his book as an old Egyptian story.. Basically the story is about a pharaoh who accumulated a vast fortune in gold and silver, stored in a specially built chamber with a massive, well-guarded door. One day he noticed his treasure was decreasing, yet the door and its locks showed no sign of being opened. so, the pharaoh set a large mechanical trap. The next time the thieves came, one of the brothers was caught in it. Realizing he couldn't escape, he begged his brother to cut off his head so the living one could avoid being identified. The brother did so and brought the head home to their mother. The pharaoh, found the headless body, ordered soldiers to display the corpse on a wall and arrest anyone who came to mourn it. The thief's mother, under threat of revealing everything if her son didn't act, sent the living brother to retrieve the body. He got the guards drunk and stole his brother's body away, then insulted them by shaving off half their beards. Finally, the pharaoh ordered his own daughter to work in a brothel, instructing her to sweet-talk every client into confessing his most wicked and clever deed. The thief, suspecting a trap, visited her but brought with him the right arm of his dead brother. When the princess asked about his greatest crimes, he confessed to cutting off his brother's head and stealing the body. When she lunged to grab him, he released the dead arm into her hands and fled into the darkness, leaving her clutching a severed limb. Deeply impressed, the pharaoh issued a proclamation offering the thief a full pardon and a great reward if he came forward. The thief did, and the pharaoh, considering him to be the most knowing of all men, gave him his daughter in marriage. That's the original story of Aladdin, not only the story of Aladdin is built on this extremely old Egyptian story, but also many other stories were influenced by it, like Titanic, with the hero isn't exactly a hero, but also someone from lower class but charmed the princess, Robbie Turner in Atonement.. These stories and characters are timeless, and yeah, he was absolutely a villain.. Anyway, the problem with trying to make a story like the story of Rhampsinitus and the Clever Thief, is the movie made the thief a cop, and made her father influential shady rich man with at least connections with the mob.. I can't believe I'm watching Chinese soap opera, I watched a lot of soap operas, some of them I actually enjoyed, but I'm used to watch them as TV shows, not a movie, this feel like a soap opera episode.. We first see Kim Penn around 58 minutes, like WTF?! Kim Penn in this movie for me to watch it more than three decades later from when it was released, without her, there's zero chance I would watch it, it would be made, forgotten, and no one would even know it existed.. We get a great fight scene around 1 hour 3 minutes.. I don't get it, for 1 hour the movie is anything but action movie, then you hit the 1 hour mark, and now we get the great action scenes! Like, it doesn't even try to build towards them, it's like the decision was made later to turn it into something else.. We see Blonde Killer again around 1 hour 9 minutes, and she delivers lines, it's really interesting hearing Kim Penn speaking Chinese.. Around 1 hour 13 minutes, we get a little action from Blonde Killer, extremely short unfortunately.. Around 1 hour 15 minutes, Blonde Killer appears again, basically the heroine of the movie is a mob boss now? And the hero is a cop! LOL! Kim Penn is so cool, one of the greatest of all time, I missed when I had actors I like.. I love the villains in this movie, they keep making evil laughs, I love this shit.. Blonde Killer's confrontation starts around 1 hour 29 minutes.. The movie needed to have 20 minutes less, it's a decent action movie, but as I said, it felt like there's a soap opera episode inside it, yet by the second half it became a great action movie.




